Pest Control Blog

Fill in your information for a free quote, or call

(844) 922-7732

< Back




The house mouse is considered by many to be one of the most one of the most troublesome and economically damaging pest in the country. They consume food meant for us and our pets and in the process of doing so they contaminate food preparation surfaces with their feces. The bacteria in their feces is one that causes food poisoning. They constantly gnaw at objects in the home, including furniture and electrical outlets. In fact, that many house fires whose cause is unknown can actually be attributed to mice chewing on wiring.As if that wasn’t enough, they multiply like crazy. They have an average life span of 9 to 12 months, during which time a female can have 5 to 10 litters with 5 to 6 babies in each litter.


There are a few things to keep in mind when it comes to mouse prevention. Although good sanitation habits are not guaranteed to keep all mice from entering your home, bad sanitation is sure to attract them. Be sure to put food in its proper place when you’re done eating. Mice love to eat the food you leave out. It is also important to regularly check your home’s foundation for cracks and crevices. A mouse can fit into a crack the size of a dime, so even a seemingly small crack can be large enough for a mouse.

Help spread the word